Sunday, February 03, 2008

I can't wait

This could be a very interesting collaboration :-


Mika: I want to work with Winehouse on her 'Jewish album'


Lebanese-born pop wonderboy Mika has offered to collaborate with Amy Winehouse should she come through with her rumored album of Hanukkah songs, the British newspaper The Sun has reported.

Mika, who has a Lebanese mother and American father, reportedly made the offer as "a statement."

The possibility of a Winehouse winter album was first mentioned last month, when producer Mark Ronson told Rolling Stone magazine that the two had discussed an album of Hanukkah and Christmas songs.

But the album may have to wait, as the Jewish songstress is currently in rehab for drug addiction, a fact which Mika acknowledges.


"I heard Amy will be recording an album of Jewish music once she gets well and I'd like to make a contribution to it," The Sun quoted Mika as saying.


"I really like her music. Think about this - me, a part-Lebanese artist working on a Jewish album. I think that's a nice statement.

"I'd like to make a statement some day."

Both Mika and Winehouse have earned critical and commercial success. Mika's debut album, Life in Cartoon Motion, has sold more than 4,000,000 copies worldwide, while Winehouse's Back to Black became a five-time platinum seller and garnered three Grammy nominations.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/950674.html

No comments: